Solar panels for home use have expanded exponentially in the past decade. Homes and businesses across the country are starting to make the shift from a fossil-fueled electricity grid to a clean energy economy, pushed by emissions reduction targets in a time of global climate change. Throughout this period of energy reform, rooftop solar panel systems for houses are taking off at a remarkable rate. Read on to learn more about solar panels and if they are a good fit for your situation. SEM Power is one of the top solar panel companies in Florida. Call SEM Power at our Tampa headquarters for your solar panel needs today!
What To Know About Going Solar
- How has the price of solar for residential gone down?- U.S. solar installation cost has gone down by almost 70% over the last decade. Just in the last year, the residential market saw five percent decrease in cost. Solar has absolutely evolved from just a buzzword to a sensible home upgrade that millions of Americans are considering.
- The difference between solar for business and home use- A commercial solar project can power a company or town’s operations, and varies dramatically in terms of scale and cost. Residential solar systems typically stay a consistent size. Due to their relatively small scale, rooftop solar panels for home can generate serious electric bill savings.
- What residential solar panel systems cost- It all depends on state and system size. The easiest way to calculate cost of solar electricity across different system sizes is in dollars per watt ($/W), indicating how many dollars solar will cost per watt of available electricity production.
- Will your solar panels be connected to the grid? What is net metering?- The significant majority of home solar systems will be connected to the grid. Net-metering is a solution to the question of how to power your solar home at night. It functions as a solar incentive where you receive bill credits when your solar system overproduces electricity.When your panels aren’t producing enough electricity, these credits can be used to cover the cost of your grid electricity.
- How long does residential rooftop solar system take to install?- After all the necessary site visits and planning is done, the actual installation of your home solar system only takes a couple days of work. The exact time will depend on many factors. If you’re setting up net metering, for example, then that process adds extra time until your panels are connected properly to the grid. While the decision process for solar panels can take time, the installation timeframe is fairly straightforward and fast.
We Are One Of The Top Solar Panel Companies In Florida
- Can you get a solar panel system for your home if your roof doesn’t qualify?- There are many options for homeowners looking to go solar but who don’t have a suitable roof. Community solar and ground mount solar installations are both possibilities.
- Who qualifies for tax credits?- The major tax credit associated with solar panels for home is the federal investment tax credit (ITC), more commonly known as the solar tax credit. The ITC offers a tax credit equal to 27 percent of the total cost of your system if you purchase the system. State solar tax credits are another option, depending on which state you live in.
- Does solarmake sense if I don’t plan on staying in my home?- The housing market is filled with buyers excited by the prospect of purchasing a solar home that comes with zero utility bills, and installing solar to your property is a surefire way to raise its value.
Contact Us Today
SEM Power is one of the top solar companies in Florida. Call SEM Power at our Tampa headquarters for your solar needs today!