When it comes to solar equipment- from solar panels to inverters to batteries- there are a long list of characteristics to know in order to understand its performance, quality, and durability. However, individual technical specifications and warranties will not be able to provide you with a complete picture of how one panel, inverter, or battery can compare to another, and makes it harder to choose the best solar equipment for your unique needs. Solar advisory company EnergySage, in collaboration with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, has developed a straightforward, industry-standard system for classifying and comparing the best solar panels, inverters, and batteries by evaluating key criteria. This rating system categorizes all solar equipment on a five-tier scale and can be seen in the guides that are out on the marketplace. Read on to learn more about the types of solar equipment and the classifications which may inform you on their characteristics, so that you can choose the best solar panels for you! SEM Power is one of the top solar companies in Florida. Call SEM Power today for your solar energy needs!
Solar Equipment Classification
The EnergySage classification system utilizes technical specifications for solar panels, inverters and batteries to compare their performance, durability, warranty, and overall quality. Through addressing each product across a range of specifications, this rating system groups equipment into five different classifications that you as the consumer can look for: Poor, Fair, Good, Very Good, and Excellent. Solar equipment rated as Poor or Fair will be at the low end of the market, or maybe models that are outdated. Equipment on the other end will have a baseline set of criteria rigorously developed in order to be confident that they will meet your needs.
What Are The best Solar Panels For You
To choose the best solar panels for your specifications, you can follow this rating scale:
- Excellent- Ideal for maximizing the performance of your solar energy system, and the criteria varies for each type of solar equipment while representing the best available technology in the U.S. market. The upfront price will be higher due to the exceptional performance, quality, durability, and warranty coverage
- Very Good- Equipment that performs above average across a range of criteria, and may only miss out on the highest ranking due to a shorter warranty, lower efficiency, or decreased performance in sub-standard conditions. It would be recommended by most solar companies in Florida.
- Good- A safe and solid choice for your solar energy system in the average range for most criteria, and ideal for solar shoppers looking for a bargain.
- Fair- This is at the low end of what is available, and is either older or no longer produced by manufacturers
- Poor- The bottom end of the spectrum and should be priced accordingly.
Contact Us Today
When it comes to choosing the best solar panels for you, it can depend on your specific situation and what you are looking for. It’s important for the solar equipment to fit your needs and is of a ranking quality that functions well. SEM Power is one of the top solar companies in Florida. Call SEM Power today for your solar needs!